» Administration Department
» Police Department
» Fire Department
» Public Works Department
» Recreation Department
» Available Utilities and Services

If you have questions regarding the City of Streator, please call us at 815-672-2517 or visit the contact us page for additional methods.

Administration FAQ's

Most frequently asked phone numbers:

Driver's License Facility - (815) 672-1853
Bruce Township Office - (815) 673-2215
Ill. American Water - (800) 422-2782
Waste Management - (800) 747-2278

What are the airtimes for the City Council Meetings?

Thursday 7:00 p.m.
Friday 2:00 p.m.
Saturday 12:00 noon

When is yard waste collected?

Begins April 1st and ends December 1st.

Does Social Security or Unemployment offices operate out of City Hall?

No, please call the following numbers listed below:

Social Security - (815) 223-5422
Unemployment - (815) 434-3111

Is a permit required to hold a Rummage, Yard, or Garage Sale?

YES, please come to City Hall to fill out a form at no charge.

Is a permit required to use Public Parks?

YES, please come to City Hall to fill out a form at no charge

What are the fees for Birth and Death Certificates?

Birth: $15.00 for first copy, $5.00 for each additional copy  

Death: $20.00 for first copy, $7.00 for each additional copy

  - Back To Top -

Police Department FAQ's

When is Streator Court?

Streator court is the first Wednesday of every month. It is conducted at City Hall Council Chambers.

What is the phone number to the State's Attorney's Office?

The number is (815) 434-8340 for LaSalle County.

If I miss a court date, who should I call?

You should call the LaSalle County Clerk at (815) 434-8271.

Should I have my proof of insurance card in my vehicle?

By State of Illinois law the proof of insurance card, the vehicle registration card, and your driver's license need to be with you when you are operating a motor vehicle.

What number should I call if I need an ambulance?

Dial 9-1-1.

- Back To Top -

Fire Department FAQ's

What days can I burn?

According to Streator City Ordinance, burning is allowed on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. until sundown. Residents are only allowed to burn dry landscape wastes; such as leaves, small tree limbs, and grass clippings. When conditions are dry or windy, use common sense before starting your fire. All open burning must be continuously attended by a person of sixteen (16) years of age or older, turned at frequent intervals to keep smoke generation at a minimum, and all fires shall be completely extinguished before abandoning the fire, or by sunset, whichever is earlier.

When are the tornado sirens tested?

All tornado sirens are tested on the first Tuesday of each month at 10 a.m. If a siren is activated during severe weather conditions, go indoors immediately to a basement or interior room without windows.

Where should I place my smoke alarms?

Smoke alarms should be placed outside of bedrooms, at the top of stairwells, and in basements. All houses should have at least one (1) working smoke detector. Smoke detectors should be tested once a month and batteries should be changed twice a year.

Does the Streator Fire Department respond to emergencies outside the city limits?

The Streator Fire Department DOES respond to emergencies outside the city limits, but ONLY if request by the proper authorities or if a life is involved. It is at the discretion of the proper authorities to request our assistance. If you reside outside the city limits, it is important that you know your responding fire department.

What does M.A.B.A.S. stand for?

MABAS is an acronym for Mutual Aid Box Alarm System. MABAS allows for member departments to request assistance in an event of a large emergency. The Streator Fire Department is a member of MABAS Division 25, which consists of 22 fire departments in LaSalle, Bureau, and Putnam Counties. Visit the MABAS 25 website at www.mabas25.org.

- Back To Top -

Public Works Department FAQ's

Do I need a permit to construct or modify my driveway?

Yes. A City excavation permit is required for any work within the city right of way, at a fee of $25.

Where does my property end and the City right of way begin?

Right of ways vary throughout town. There are typical distances from the centerline to the private property. But sizes vary and the roadway would have to be in the middle of the right of way. The best approach is to locate your property corner pins based on your deed, or have your property surveyed. The City does not keep specific property information.

Do I need to prepare a stormwater report for a development I am planning?

Maybe. State and City regulations require a stormwater report if your project requires a building permit, is not a residential development, or if the project requires the approval of a subdivision plat. Contact City Engineering while still in the planning stage to begin the review process.

What can I do about deteriorated sidewalks or alleys adjacent to my property?

The City has a program in place to share the cost of sidewalk and alley work with local residents. For sidewalk rehabilitation completed by the property owner the City will reimburse 75% of the cost of materials, this does not cover the cost of labor. The City will share with 50% of the cost of any alley rehabilitation work provided the repairs are in one block segments. The remaining 50% is paid by the adjoining property owners to the alley.

I want to plant a tree. How close to the road can I plant it?

No tree should be planted on the City's right of way. Not only does it become a long term maintenance problem but there are underground utilities along many of the City streets. A good rule of thumb is to plant at least 15 feet within your own property. If you want to donate a tree for the beautification of Streator, please call, we will find just the right spot.

- Back To Top -

Recreation Department FAQ's

What is the course layout and yardage at Anderson Field?

The course is a short, flat, 9-hole course with no water hazards. 18-hole men’s yardage 5,106; 18-hole women’s yardage 4,858.

Is the course at Anderson Field open to the public and are tee times required?

The course is open to the public an tee times are not required.

What are the green fees at Anderson Field?

Please click for 2014 Anderson Fields Rates and Fees.

- Back To Top -

What utilities and services are available in Streator?

The City of Streator provides Solid Waste Collection and Recycling, Sewer, and Solid Waste Billing. Below is a list of the primary utility providers along with their contact information.

Sewer & Waste Water
Director of Public Works
City of Streator
204 S. Bloomington Street
Streator, IL 61364
Telephone: 815-672-2517 Fax: 815-672-7566

Solid Waste & Recycling
Waste Management
2100 Moen Avenue
Rockdale, IL 60436-4200
Telephone: 1-800-747-2278
Waste Management

Waste Management observes the following holidays.  NEW YEAR'S DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, FOURTH OF JULY, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS.  Collection will be conducted one day later if the holiday occurs before or on the regular collection day.  Holidays that fall on a Monday do not impact collection day.

Waste Management 2015 Recycle Schedule

Illinois American Water
122 S. Sterling Street
PO Box 522
Streator, IL 61364
Telephone: 1-800-422-2782
Illinois American Water

Natural Gas
1844 Ferry Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Telephone: 1-888-642-6748
Northern Illinois Gas

Commonwealth Edison (ComEd)
700 W. Frech Street
Streator, IL 61364
Telephone: 1-800-334-7661
Commonwealth Edison

Telephone and Internet
Frontier Communications
120 S. Sterling Street
Streator, IL 61364
Frontier Internet


Cable Television and Internet
Mediacom Cable

Wireless Internet Service
Open Range Communications

Satellite Internet Service

HughesNet Satellite Internet Service


- Back To Top -